Region 1 Representative
City of Rohnert Park
- Attends all Board of Directors meetings. Presents a written report at every Board meeting.
- If unable to attend a State Board of Directors meeting, may secure a representative to attend and notifies State Board of Directors (President and CPRS office) in writing. The representative may participate in discussions, but cannot vote.
- Communicate (verbally and/or in writing) regularly with assigned districts – solicit opinions and concerns of the respective districts.
- Attends and makes a presentation for leadership development at one meeting in each of the districts in their region, regarding officers' duties and responsibilities and what it takes to be on the Board of Directors for CPRS.
- Confer (via conference call or meeting) with district leadership before, and report back after, each State Board of Directors meeting. Mail (copy if necessary) materials distributed at the Board of Directors meeting and subsequent materials to their respective district representative.
- Attend a minimum of one general membership meeting of each district within their region.
- Submit article(s) to district publications on a regular basis concerning the State Board of Directors and its activities and decisions. Provide, if requested, explanation of decisions.
- Secures and mails copies of Board of Director rosters of each respective district within their region to the CPRS office by the beginning of each new fiscal year (May).
- Serve as ex-officio member of each district board of directors.
- As appointed by the President, serves as liaison to assigned task forces.
- Fulfills any special duties as requested by the President.
- Attends annual CPRS Leadership Meetings (at conference and each May/June).
- Coordinates, if possible, district trainings within the region to avoid conflicts. Plans regional training programs if appropriate.
- Transitions new region representative and forwards pertinent background material, correspondence, and files.